Thila Homam At Thilatharpanapuri - Thila Homam is done for ancestral and those who died unnaturally. Here the mantra is not chanted as in the case of usual ancestor's death ceremony. It has to be done only once in life time unlike other death ceremony because we are not supposed to disturb these souls who died an unnatural death.
Performing Thila Homam at Thilatharpanapuri, the pithrus (ancestors) are satisfied and they bestow their blessings not only on us but also on our children and grandchildren. Thila homam is performed at our Yagya shaala in Thilatharpanapuri. No place is more auspicious and powerful than this place.
Significance of Thila Homam:
Thila Homa is done to such forefathers and others who died unnaturally. While they suffer in hell. They create unhappiness, a lot of obstacles and troubles in our lives and remind us to relieve them from their unbearable sufferings. Thus this Thila Homa comes as a saviour to the dead souls.
Such soul are said to be haunting and roaming in space and they give their ill wish to their children on earth. So the Shastra advice us a Thila Homa remedy that can give a soul peace and relieve it from the cluches of negative forces. Also this Homa helps a soul to find its way or have rebirth or is sent to the lotus feet of god.
Thila Homam at Thilatharpanapuri - organized by Anarghyaa.com;
As per the Temple history, Lord Rama along with his brother Lakshmana, performed Last Rites to his Father Dasaratha & to the Bird King Jatayu.
Lord Rama performed Last Rites (called as Tharpan/Tharpanam) for King Dasaratha at various placing by placing 4 rice balls (called as Pindam). However, to his dismay the pindams turned into worms each time when he performed the ritual. A worried Rama prayed to Lord Shiva, who advised Rama to go to mantharavanam (earlier name of this place) and offer his prayers there. He was also instructed to take bath in the Arasalar river near there, before performing the Pitru Tharpanam (Last rites to Ancestors). Rama did as instructed. The four pindams to his amazement, became four Lingams. Dasaratha Maharaja thus attained mukthi (salvation) and hence the name of the deity here is Muktheeswarar.
Since then, the locals believe that that performing the Pitru Tharpanam here absolves you of all your Pitru Shapam (ancestral curse) and Pitru Doshams (ancestral sins).
Thila Homam can be done at Thilatharpanapuri, as nothing can be more auspicious and powerful then this place. The priest performs death ceremony at home for others but they perform Thila Homa here to their ancestors and those died unnaturally.
The Shastra further says that even if one of the family member carries this sin it will affect the rest of the members in spite of having a good future. So it is a must all the family members participate in performing this Homam because it is done only once in life time unlike the annual death ceremony of forefathers or monthly new moon ritual or any other auspicious Homam or Pooja which is done as one desires.
Thila Home comes as a relief from our capable Priest services who can drive away the sufferings of the dead souls through this powerful Homam chants and also can bring good wishes, blessings for a happy, healthy and unhindered successful life from these alleviated souls.
- The entire homam as per the devotee’s requirement and budget
- Arrange for Food & Accommodation*
Thila Homam is ideal for
- People who are having Pitru Dosha
- People whose ancestors and others who died unnaturally in their family
- People in whose family any child or unmarried girl or boy dies unexpectedly or have unnatural death such as accidents, by drowning or by fire or by poisonous bite of deadly creatures, premature death, suicide of any sort or dies by a hit of a stone, killed by strangling the neck, killed by weapons, been attacked, died at time of delivery, died at time of menstruation, left home due to madness (in this case we donot know if they are alive or dead)
- People who are not performing Pitru (ancestral) rituals/ Srarddha / Tarpana Regularly
- People who are facing Various Problems related to Marriage/ Job / Child Birth / Finances /Fights /Court & Cases
- People who are experiencing Paranormal / Negative / Evil Occurrences in their life
Thila Homam Procedure:
- Thila (alias Gingelly) is offered in this homam
- Lord Surya Bhagavan (sun) is worshiped in kalasha and mandala.
- Gayathri mantra
- Pitru Dosha Parihara Mantras are chanted.
- Kalasha, phala and Ajya Daanams
- Yama raja Pooja
- Thila homam
- Pinda pradanam
* Food and Accommodation at Additional cost