Lalitha Sahasranamam signifies the thousand names of Devi is a surreptitious and very blessed wording or mantra. This Lalitha Sahasranamam mantra has been exposed to mankind through the conversation between Lord Hayagriva and the great Sage Agasthya.
Sri Lalitha Sahasranama is in the 36th chapter of Lalitopakyana in Brahmanda Purana. It is a hymn that describes the 1000 various names of Sree Lalithaa and praises God as the Divine Mother or God's Shakti or Power. It is presented in the form of instructions imparted to the Agasthya Maharishi by Hayagriva who is an incarnation of Sree Maha Vishnu. The Lalitha purana explains about the manifestation of Goddess for the destruction of a demon called Bandasura. It provides details about the construction of Sreepura, in the form of Sree Chakra. Sree Adi Sankaracharya and Sree Bhaskararaya had contributed commentaries for Trisati and Sahasranama.
Lalitha Sahasranamam can be chanted in two different ways. One in Stotra form and the other in mantra form. Both ways, however, are equally effective.
- In Stotram form, all 1,000 namams are separated into stotrams of a few namams each and recited.
- In mantra form, each namam is said individually, preceded by "Aum" and followed by "Namah". Mantra form is commonly used to recite Lalitha Sahasranamam during archana.
Benefits of Lalitha Sahasranamam Parayanam:
- It spreads abundant positive energy
- Gives the person tremendous courage to face the life
- Each one nerve in our body will be fortified and unpretentious energies will be stirred in the individual
- Make triumphant in all your great deeds
- Mind will be cleansed and will bring mental tranquility
- The daily chanting of this hymn gives the same merit as that obtained from bathing in holy rivers and giving gifts of wealth, food, land and cows.
- By daily chanting of the Sahasranama, the effects of evil spells are removed
- Relief from afflictions due to the influence of planets or evil spirits can be removed by chanting the Sahasranamam
- The sins accrued in many births are removed by daily chanting of Lalitha Sahasranamam
Lalitha Sahasranamam Parayanam Prasadam that you will receive:
- Kumkum (Vermillion)
- Turmeric Powder