Vedaranyam Temple - the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, located in Vedaranyam in Nagapattinam, Tamilnadu. The presiding deity is famously known as Vedaranyeshwarar or Thiru Marai Kadar along with Goddess Vedanayaki.
Lord Shiva is in Swayambu Lingam here i.e self manifested Lingam form.
Book online now to perform puja in Vedaranyam Temple - After completing the order send your Name, Gothram, Star and Date you want us to perform the puja.
We will perform pujai on your behalf by taking sankalpam in your name and send you the prasadam. Book online to perform Puja in Vedaranyam Temple, at Anarghyaa.com and get the Prasadam to your doorstep.
Significance of Vedaranyam Temple
A bath in the Manikarnika spring blesses with the benefit of bathing in holy rivers as Ganga, Yamuna, Narmada, Sindh and Cauvery. By doing so it is believed that even sins of high severity such as Brahmmahathi Dosham will disappear.
The sea at the eastern side of the temple is known as Aadhi Sethu. Therefore bathing in this sea once is considered equal to 100 baths in the sea in Rameswaram
Who can offer Puja to Vedaranyeshwar Vedaranyam Temple:
- People who are facing problems in life due to sins committed
- People who are facing adverse all kinds of sarpa dosha
- People evil spells would vanish if the devotee surrenders to Lord in the temple.
- People who are seeking child boon
- People who seek Abundance in every area of your life such as education and wisdom, prosperity, progress in professions and healthy life
Legend of Vedaranyam Vedaranyeshwarar Temple
Holy Vedas Rig, Yajur, Sama and Atharva came to this place in human form and stayed. Sooner Kaliyuga was born they felt that days to come would not be safe, expressed their feelings to Lord and left after closing the doors. Even now, it is believed that plants, trees continue to worship Lord here
After the closure of the main entrance, people used the other entrance called Thitti Vayil to worship Lord in the temple. After the visit of the great saints Gnana Sambandar and Appar and the normal functioning of the doors, people are now using the main entrance and that the place was named Vedaranyam as Vedas worshipped here, are the facts available from history
- 29 day Masi Magam Brammotsavam in May-June
10 day Aadi Pooram in July-August
- Vinayaka Chaturthi
- Skanda Shasti
- Pradosha Days
- Pongal - Makara Sankranti
- Morning: 06.00 AM – 11.00 AM
- Evening: 05.00 PM – 8.30 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam between 15 - 30 days
- Prasadam will not have any kind of food items
- Prasadam normally consists of Kumkum or Vibuthi or Turmeric or Sandal Paste or Akshatha