Vallakottai Subramanya Swami Temple is situated in Kanchipuram district of Tamil Nadu. This temple is more than a thousand years old and it was constructed by King Bageerathan, who was the monarch of Sankondpuram.
The Subramaniya Swamy idol in this temple is known to be the tallest statue of Muruga in the country.
The temple possesses a reservoir, which is called 'Vajra Theertham'. People believe that taking a bath in the reservoir, while reciting the holy chant 'Om Saravanabhava', would make all their worries vanish.
Book online now to perform puja in Vallakottai Subramanya Swami Temple - After completing the order send your Name, Gothram, Star and Date you want us to perform the puja.
We will perform pujai on your behalf by taking sankalpam in your name and send you the prasadam. Book online to perform Puja in Vallakottai Subramanya Swami Temple at Anarghyaa.com and get the Prasadam to your doorstep
Significance of the temple:
Thirupugazh composed by Saint Arunagirinathar. The temple is revered in eight verses by the saint. As per the legend, the saint worshipped Murugan at Thiruporur temple and was on his way to Thiruthani Murugan Temple. During his sleep, a divine voice directed him to go to Vallakottai temple. He woke up to realise it was the order of Murugan and he visited the temple. The temple is considered equal in importance to the Arupadaiveedu, the six abodes of Murugan
Once upon a time, the place was home to a demon, by the name of Vallan. On learning difficulties and injustice done to Devas by this Asura's, Lord Muruga killed him to reinstate peace and harmony. He gave it the name, Vallankottai, according to the death wish of the Asura. Eventually, it came to be known as Vallakotai.
The temple constructed by the emperor by the name of, Bagiradha, in appreciation of the God, Vallakkottai It is believed by the people of that region that the place derives its name from an ogre named Vallan, who intimidated the people who lived there many years ago. The people took shelter in Muruga and he killed Vallan. Because this place was ruled over by the assura, Vallan for a really long time, even today, it continues to be known by Valla Kottai, which refers to Vallan's fortress.
- Every Thursday, the idol of Subramaniya swami is adorned with a garland made of diamonds.
- The occasion of Krithikai is said to be a very important each month. Adi Krithikai is very significant
- Skanda Shashti
- Thai Poosam
- Panguni Uthiram
- Morning 06.30 AM – 12.00 PM
- Evening: 05.00 PM – 08.30 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam between 15 - 30 days
- Prasadam will not have any kind of food items
- Prasadam normally consists of Kumkum or Vibuthi or Turmeric or Sandal Paste or Akshatha