Vaitheeswaran Koil Temple - Lord Shiva is a swayambumurthi in the temple. Vaitheeswaran Koil or Pullirukkuvelur is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Lord Shiva, located near kumbakonam, Tamilnadu. Shiva is worshipped as Vaidyanathar or Vaitheeswaran meaning the "God of healing" and it is believed that prayers to Vaitheeswaran can cure diseases.
Significance of Vaitheeswaran Koil Temple:
The five towers – Gopurams of the temple are on a straight line.
The Maragatha Linga (Emerald Linga) is very famous.
There are two flag posts-Kodimaram before the presiding deity made of silver and gold.
Navagrahas the nine planets are generally in the front side of the sanctum facing different directions in Shiva temples. Here they are behind the sanctum on a straight line obeying the presiding Lord blessing the devotees freeing them of their adverse aspects
A medicine ball is made of the anthill sand, abishek water, veppilai the neem leaves and abishek sandal and abishek sacred ash. It is believed that consuming this medicinal balls brings total relief for any disease.
Those suffering from skin problems get the punugu oil, apply it on their body for relief
Vaitheeswaran Koil Temple Festivals:
- 10 day Thai month festival from Tuesday dedicated to Lord Selva Muthukuraswami (Muruga) with daily procession in January-February
- 28 day Panguni Brahmmotsavam with abishekam to Panchamurthi and procession
- 6 day Aipasi Skanda Sashti in October-November
- Vaikasi Mannabishekam
- Monthly Karthikai days are grandly celebrated in the temple.
- Monthly Pradosha Days - where the temple will be overflowing with devotee crowd
- Makar Sankranthi are performed with special abhishekam and alankaram
The temple is open from 6.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. and from 4.00 p.m. to 8.30 p.m
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days