Upanayanam or Punal or Thread Ceremony is one of Shodasha Samskaras (16 Samskaras) as per our Tradition. Upanayanam literally means Upa - "the act of leading to or near"". he rite of passage symbolizes the leading or drawing towards the self of a child, in a school by the Guru, who initiates the second birth that is of the young mind and spirit.
Book Tamil Vadhyar / Vedic priest to perform Upanayanam with Puja Samagri at Best Price Services
Significance of Upanayanam:
A boy receives during this ceremony a sacred thread called Yajñopaveetam that he wears. The Yajñopavita ceremony announced that the child had entered into formal education. As per the shastras Upanayanam should be performed at the age of 8.
The main rituals performed during Upanayanam are Brahmopadesam and Yagnopavidam. The ceremony is conducted as per their corresponding family Vedas namely Yajur, Rig, Athatrvana or Sama and the vadhyar of that particular veda will perform the entire ceremony as per that vedic standards and its mantras. Udaka Shanthi and Nandhi is an important part of the Upanayanam Pooja Ritual. All the rituals are performed by us as per the Shastras
- Vigneshwara pooja
- Annopanita prayaschitam Ankura arpana
- Kumara bhojanam
- Upanayana pradhana homam
- Guru pada puja & Brahmopadesham
- Sumuhurtham (jeelkara Belam )
- Savitri, Gayatri and Saraswati Pooja
- Sandhya vandanam
No. of Tamil Vadhyar / Vedic priest: 2
- Vedic Patashala certified and experienced purohits
- All rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
- High quality samagri to ensure a pleasant Pooja experience
- Professional Guidance & Support
- This is Customized Homam - Date can be fixed as per one’s Janma nakshatra and the yoga, thithi of that date.
- The package includes Homa and Puja samagri for Upanayanam. You have to arrange for fruits, flowers, prasadam and all puja items like kalasha, puja plates etc that are needed for the homam