Tirumalai Kumaraswamy Temple is placed on top of a small dune located at near Coutraalam in Tirunevelli district of Tamil Nadu. Lord Muruga visited sage Agasthiar at Tirumalai.
Book online now to perform puja in Tirumalai Kumaraswamy Temple- After completing the order send your Name, Gothram, Star and Date you want us to perform the puja.
We will perform pujai on your behalf by taking sankalpam in your name and send you the prasadam. Book online to perform Puja in Tirumalai Kumaraswamy Temple, at Anarghyaa.com and get the Prasadam to your doorstep.
Significance of the temple:
The holy creek which is situated at the top of the hill is called Ashta Padmakulam. It comprises of the Soma, Surya and the Agni theerthams, when the water level in the creek goes down, it gets filled by rain.
A flower by the name of Kuvalai grows here. The Saptha Kannikas (the seven virgins) worshipped the Lord by offering this flower to Him; only one flower would blossom in a day. Generally, the idols of Sapta Kannikas are only found in the temples of Lord Shiva, but they are found here too, they are installed on the banks of the creek in the temple.
A long time ago, a deity of Mother Kali Amman was placed on the hill. Priest Poovar Pattar dreamt of Lord Muruga where He told him that he was amid the bamboo bushes near a place called Kottai Thirattu and that ants would guide him to that spot. The king of Pandala, too, had a similar dream. When he came there, he was chaperoned by Poovar Pattar. They found the spot and dug up the ground to unearth the idol. In this process, the nose of the idol was marginally damaged. To this day, this is visible on the idol and hence, the deity is referred to as 'Mookkan'. Pandala kings have granted a huge estate to the temple
While the temple was being built, elephants were used to transport pillars and timber to the hill. They had to make use of palm fibres, which were weak, as firm ropes weren't available during the olden days, as a result of which the beams would tumble down the hill. Once, when the pillars fell down, with a loud twang, a lady austere, by the name of Sivakami Ammaiyar would obstruct them with her head, not caring for her life, and the pillars would be transported uphill again. She also carried bricks to the top of the hill. These superhuman powers were granted to her by Lord Muruga. There is an idol of Ammaiyar in the temple too.
- Padi Thiruvizha, the step festival, which falls on the 14th of April
- Vaikasi Vikasam during May-June
- Karthikai float festival in November-December
- Thai Poosam in January-February
- Morning: 06.00 AM – 12.00 PM
- Evening: 04.00 PM – 8.00 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam between 15 - 30 days
- Prasadam will not have any kind of food items
- Prasadam normally consists of Kumkum or Vibuthi or Turmeric or Sandal Paste or Akshatha