Tillai Kali Temple is situated in Chidambaram district of TamilNadu. The deity Kali or Kaliamman is in furious form facing east in the temple.
Book online now to perform puja in Tillai Kali Temple - After completing the order send your Name, Gothram, Star and Date you want us to perform the puja.
We will perform pujai on your behalf by taking sankalpam in your name and send you the prasadam. Book online to perform Puja in Tillai Kali Temple at Anarghyaa.com and get the Prasadam to your doorstep
Significance of the temple:
Thillai Kali appears with four faces as Lord Brahmma and Devi Saraswathi as Veena Vidyambika.
In this temple Lord Dakshinamurthi is in female form praised as Kadambavana DakshinaRupini grace the devotees from their shrines in the prakara.
It was an argument that who is superior, either ‘Sivam’ (Lord Siva) or Shakthi (Parvathi). In order to resolve thus, they performed a dance program at Chidambaram in front of Lord Vishnu, Lord Brahma and other deities. While they were playing dance, Lord Siva was about to be defeated.
But knowing fully well Siva played “Oorthuva Taandava” i.e. raising one leg above his head. This “Oorthuva Taandava” is one of the posture in the dance. It could not be played by the women folk due to their modesty and shyness. In this Parvathi could not play equally well to this posture and agreed her defeat. She had to go outside the borders of the town in order to contain her haughtiness and to teach a lesson that Sivam and Shakthi are both equally important in our life.
‘Thillai Kali’ is a deity in anger. This anger was pacified by Brahma by Chanting Veda and also praising her. Because of the penance of Lord Brahma ‘Kali’ became cool. So that Goddess ‘Thillai Amman’ in this temple seems with four faces.
- Navaratri is celebrated in grand manner in the temple
- Tuesdays and Sundays- Rahu Kala Puja
- Morning 06.30 AM – 12.00 PM
- Evening: 04.30 PM – 08.30 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam between 15 - 30 days
- Prasadam will not have any kind of food items
- Prasadam normally consists of Kumkum or Vibuthi or Turmeric or Sandal Paste or Akshatha