Thiruthani Murugan Temple s one of the six holy shrines of Murugan called Arupadaiveedu. it represents the site where Lord Subramanya stayed after destroying the demon Surapadman.
Significance of Thiruthani Muruga Temple:
The hill temple has 365 steps representing the days of a year. The shrine of the procession deity is in a mandap made of 1 lakh Rudrakshas.
After destroying demon Surapadman in Tiruchendur, Lord Muruga came to this place. We can notice a scar on the chest of the Lord caused by his direct clash with the demon. His fury subsided and regained peace here. It is here that the King of Devas Indira gifted his white elephant as a wedding gift to Deivanai. n the place of peacock, there is elephant in front of the sanctum sanctorum.
Lord Muruga met and married Valli in this place
Festivals of Thiruthani Muruga Temple:
- 10 day Chithirai thiruvizna
- The float festival is celebrated in the month of Aadi
- Bhramotsavam in the month of Maasi is celebrated for 10 days, during which Valli Kalyanam is celebrated on the 8th day
- Skanda Sashti is celebrated in the tamil month of Ippasi
Thiruthani Muruga Temple Timings:
6.00 AM to 9.00 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days