Kasi Vishwanathar Temple is situated in Tenkasi, Tamil Nadu. The main diety here is Lord Shiva as Kasi Vishwanathar with his consort Goddess Parvathi as Ulagamman. The lingam is Swayambu or self manifested linga.
Book online now to perform puja in Kasi Vishwanathar Temple - After completing the order send your Name, Gothram, Star and Date you want us to perform the puja.
We will perform pujai on your behalf by taking sankalpam in your name and send you the prasadam. Book online to perform Puja in Kasi Vishwanathar Temple, at Anarghyaa.com and get the Prasadam to your doorstep
Significance of the temple:
People believe that the divine saints- Agastya, Narada, Indira, Nandi and Vali had offered prayers to the Lord in this shrine.
Sthala Vruksham - Temple tree is Shenbagam / Champak tree and Temple Theertham is known as Kashi theertahm are said to be unique to the shrine.
The main idol of Lord Kashi Vishwanatha that is found in this shrine can be seen by followers even when they are a kilometre away from the shrine
A king by name of Parakrama Pandya was on a pilgrimage to Kashi. As he was travelling through this place, while he was resting , God appeared in his dream and asked him to build a shrine in that place, instead of he coming to Kashi. He was told to tag along a row of ants that is near him and to erect a shrine where the row ended. The line of ants finished on the river banks of Chitaru, where he found a dense forest of Shenbaga trees as he was passing through the forest he came across a swayambulinga, which was located close to the ant hill and he erected the shrine there and build the temple around 700 - 1000 years ago
- Morning: 06.00 AM to 11.00 Noon
- Evening: 04.00 PM to 08.00 PM
Temple Festivals and events:
- Maasi Maham Festival during the months of February - March
- Thirukalyanam in Aipasi (October - November)
- Theppam (Boat Festival) on Avani month Moola Star day during the month of August - September
- Thai Festival Bhadra Deepam
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam between 15 - 30 days