Gruhapravesam or house warming ceremony is performed before moving into a rented or owned house. It is the process of removing any negative energy occupying the house and It helps to please the planets and the gods, and bring good fortune.
Benefits Of Gruhapravesam
- Performing Gruhapravesam ceremony ensures that the house remain free from the all kind of negative energy.
- Gruhapravesam blesses the house with good fortune and protect it from the evil eyes.
- Gruhapravesam helps in restoring the positive energy and peacefulness in the house.
- It wards off the vastu dosha
Gruhapravesam involves procedural events, there are slight variations in the process from one region to the other though the main rituals / events are almost same for all.
Normally the auspicious monthgs to perform Gruhapravesam are Magham, Shravana and Karthika. Other Hindu months are also good based on scheduled time / date. The date / 'muhurtam' is fixed on consulting the family astrologer based on Rashi, Nakshatra of the house owners.
- Ganapati Prarthanalu
- Gho Pooja
- Breaking of Coconut and Pumpkin
- Putting Navadhanyas in the house
- Lemon and Coconut at all the doors
- Boiling Milk using new vessel
- Ganapathi pooja
- Kalasha Aaradhanam
- Ganapathi Homalu
- Navagraha Homalu
- Sudarshana Homalu
- Lakshmi Homalu
- Satyanarayana Vratha Pooja
- Venkateshwara Swamy Deeparadhana
- Mantrapushpam (Astavanadana seve)
- Maha Mangala arati