Shashti Poorthi or Shashtiabdha Poorthi / Shashtiabdha Purthi is the marriage ceremony performed for the couple where the person has completed 60 years of age and 61st year has started. Sashtiapthapoorthi Ceremony is performed on the janma nakshatra day.
Book Tamil Vadhyar to perform Shashti Poorthi or Shashtiabdha Poorthi with Puja Samagri at Best Price Services
Significance of Shashti Poorthi:
This term is derived from Sanskrit in which Shashti means sixty; abdha–year; poorthi-completion. It marks completion of half the years of one's lifetime as in hindu tradition. 120 years is considered as the life span of a human being. The sixtieth year in one’s life is a significant milestone, memorable turning point, a touching reminder of the rich, mellowed life that would unfold in the years to come. It is also called as Mani Vizha or Ugraratha Santi.
One more important aspect of Shashtiabdha poorthi is that all the planets in the zodiac come to the same positions or occupy the same houses of zodiac as compared to the actual date of birth of the individual. These planets take the same position as they were on the date of birth of the individual after 60 years. That is why the Celebration is performed on the same lunar day when the moon conjoins the birth star of the individual on the same month and the same year in which he was born.
Shashti Poorthi or Shashtiabdha Poorthi procedure involves performing different poojas and ayush shanti homams like ayush homam, Mrutyunjaya homam, Dhanvantri Homam etc are performed and abhishekam is performed and mangalya dharanam ceremony for the well being of the couples to lead a happy and healthy life.
Benefits Of Shashti Poorthi / Shashtiabdha Poorthi:
- Performing Shashtiabdha Poorthi ceremony ritual removes the Malefic effects of the planets
- It is considered as peeda pariharam and performing the ceremony enhances longevity of the person
- Performing Shashtiabdha Poorthi ceremony is widely known as Mrithyu dosha nivarthi
No. of Days: 2
- Ganapathi Pooja is done as in all the Hindu rituals.
- Sankalpam: The couple prays to the almighty to grant them a healthy and contented life. They also seek blessings from God to free from the sins committed and bad effects of forthcoming planetary periods.
- Graha Preethi Dhana and Vaishna Sradham are conducted at this stage.
- Rudra Parayanam is performed
- 'Abyuthaya Sradham' or 'Nandee Sradham' is performed to seek the blessings of the ancestors.
- Punyaham is done so as to sanctify the venue. It is also symbolic of purifying one's body and mind.
- Ayushya Homam, Navagraha Homam, Dhanvantri Homam and Maha Mrityunjaya Homam are performed
- Repetition of Wedding Rituals
In the ceremony, the couple who is celebrating the ritual repeats their marriage vows; they perform the wedding rituals like malai marral (exchange of garlands), Mangalya Dharanam (tying of the mangalyam) and taking Manthra Snanam with the water blessed with the udhaka sayana manthras. The Vedas are recited for about four days and discourses on the epic Ramayana are conducted to remind people of the Vedic way of life.
No. of Tamil Vadhyar / Vedic Priests: 2
- Vedic Patashala certified and experienced purohits
- All rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
- High quality samagri to ensure a pleasant Pooja experience
- Professional Guidance & Support
The package includes Homa and Puja samagri for Homam and Puja Rituals. You have to arrange for fruits, flowers and all puja items like kalasha, puja plates etc that are needed for the ritual