Aksharabhyasam also known as Vidyarambham is a religious function in which the baby is given initiation for education. Aksharabhyasa is one of the 16 samskaras to be performed, in which the baby when attains age above two years is initiated to write the first letter with the blessings for mata saraswati and lord ganesh and start their schooling life. By doing this ceremony as per shastras the child is ready to receive formal school education with the blessings of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati.
This ceremony is one of the Shodasha Samskaras (16 Samkaras) which every hindu has to undergo. The meaning of Akshara is alphabets in Sanskrit. Abhyasam means to practice. Aksharabhyasam aims at giving the initial practice of writing letters to the child.
Book Tamil Vadhyar / Tamil Vedic Purohit to perform Aksharabhyasam in your home or place of your choice. All the Pooja Samagri will be brought by our Purohit, who are all well experienced and studied from Vedic Pathshala.
Benefits Of Aksharabhyasam
- Performing Aksharabhyasam helps child to get the blessings from Lord Ganesha, Lord Hayagriva and Goddess Saraswati
- It helps the baby to grow healthy and strong.
- Aksharabyasam is giving initiation for his or her education. After finishing this the child is ready to receive formal education
When to perfrom Aksharabhyasam:
- This ceremony is generally performed when the baby turns two or two and half years old to four years old. The auspicious days cab be decided by our Pandits using the child's birth star.
- Performing Aksharabhyasam on Vijaya Dashami, Sravana Pournami, Akshaya Tritiya, Ekadashi, Rathasapthami, Ugadi, Gudi Pudwa, will be more effective
Procedure involved in Aksharabhyasam and Homam :
Tamil Vadhyar / Tamil Vedic Priest will arrive at your home or place of your choice to perform Aksharabhyasam ceremony along with Hayagreeva homam and Saraswati Homam. The following is the process:
- Ganapathi Pooja
- Punyaha Vachanam
- Maha Sankalpam
- Kalasha Pooja
- Saraswati Homam
- Hayagreeva Homam
- Prasad Distribution
No. of Priests / Purohits : 1
- Vedic Patashala certified and experienced purohits
- All rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
- High quality samagri to ensure a pleasant Pooja experience
- Professional Guidance & Support
- This is Customized Homam- Date can be fixed as per one’s Janma nakshatra and the yoga, thithi of that date.
- The package includes Homa and Puja samagri for Bhu Varaha Homam. You have to arrange for fruits, flowers, prasadam and all puja items like kalasha, puja plates etc that are needed for the homa