Sri Kalahasthi Temple - It is considered to be a Navagrahastalam where Rahu & Ketu worshipped Shiva and It is also called as Dakshina Kailasam. Sri Kalahasthi Temple is situated on the river bank of Swarnamukhi in north Tirupathi.
It is one of the Pancha Bhoota Stalams (one of the five grand temples associated with the five basic elements) – associated with the element Wind - Vayu Kshetram. The other four being Tiruvanaikkaval (Water), Chidambaram (Space), Kanchipuram (Earth) and Thiruvannamalai (Fire) respectively.
Book online now to perform puja in Sri Kalahasthi Temple - After completing the order send your Name, Gothram, Star and Date you want us to perform the puja.
We will perform pujai on your behalf by taking sankalpam in your name and send you the prasadam. Book online to perform Puja in Sri Kalahasthi Temple at Anarghyaa.com and get the Prasadam to your doorstep
Significance of Sri Kalahasthi Temple:
There is a large shrine of Jnanaprasanammba, the consort of Kalahatisvara. There are smaller shrines in the temple for Kasi Viswanatha, Annapurna, Suryanarayana, Sadyoganapathi and Subramanya. There are two large halls namely Sadyogi Mandapa and Jalkoti Mandapa. There are two water bodies associated with the namely, Surya Pushkarani and Chandra Pushkarani
- Srikalahasti town is named after Sri (spider), Kala (snake) and Hasti (elephant) that once worshiped Shiva Lingam here and attained Moksham.
- As per Hindu legend, Kalahatiswara was worshipped at this place by Brahma during all four Yugas
- Arjuna, the Pandava prince during Mahabharata is believed to have worshipped the presiding deity
At this place, Lord Shiva is believed to have given liberation to an elephant, serpent and spider who were great devotees of Lord Shiva lingam located at this place. In Kritayuga, which is considered to be the first of the four Yugas of the Hindu religion, the spider has got to have salvation, while the snake and the elephant who were the devotees of Lord Shiva in the Trata Yugaam got salvation that era. It is believed that the devotional expression of the elephant was a troubling thing for the devotional display of the serpent and vice-versa and so, the two got into extreme animosity with each other. And it ended only with Shiva liberating the two of them.
Sri Kalahasthi Temple Festivals:
- Maasi festival celebrated during the Tamil month of Maasi (February - march)
- Thirukartigai festival during Karthigai (November - December)
- Shivaratri - Mahasivaratri Brahmotsavams are celebrated when lakhs of devotees offer prayers to seek the blessings of the Lord.
- Vinayaka Chaturthi
Sri Kalahasthi Temple Timings:
- Morning: 6.00 A.M - 12 P.M
- Evening: 4 P.M - 8:30 P.M
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days