Sankarankovil Temple is situated in Thirunelveli, Tamilnadu.
Significance of Sankarankovil Temple:
Once the devotees of Lord Hari (or Vishnu) and Lord Shiva quarreled with each other to determine whose god is powerful.Then Lord Shiva appeared as Sankaranarayanar to mark his devotees to understand that both Hari and Shiva are one and the same.
The general belief is that the Holy Sand "Puttrumann" (Puttru = Ant Hill, Mann = Sand) that one gets from this temple is capable of curing all the diseases. The ant-hill sand is offered as Prasad which the sick consume along with water for cure.
Devotees believe that Sankarankovil‘s Nagasunai (sacred tank) have been dug by serpent kings named Paduman and Sangam which has a miraculous power to heal those who bath there
During March and September months, the rays of Sun fall on Sankaralingam for three days from 21st of the respective months
- Aadi Thapasu in July-August
- 41 day Brahmmotsavam in Panguni-Chithirai covering March to May
- Aipasi wedding festival in October-November
- Thai float festival in January-February
Morning - 5.30 AM - 12.15 PM
Evening - 4.00 PM - 9.30 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days