Parikkal Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple is situated in Villuparam, Tamil Nadu. The presiding deity is Lord Narasimha Swamy along with his consort Goddess Lakshmi.
Significance of the Temple:
Offering Puja to Lord Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy is believed to free people from all kinds of debts, diseases and problems.
There are two idols of Lord Hanuman in the same Sannidhi in this temple. Unlike other temples, Thirumanjanam is done immediately after Lord Narasimha (other temples thirumanjanam is done to Thayar after the Lord)
Vasantharaja ruled this place with his capital at Vriddachalam and wanted to build a temple for Lord Narasimha. Constantly troubled by Parakalasura (said to be a relative of Hiranyakashipu), Vasantharaja undertook a penance here as directed by his Guru. Answering his prayers, Lord Narasimha is said to have appeared here and killed the Asura.Having only seen the destructive mood of an angry Narasimha, Vasantharaja invoked the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi to provide darshan with the Lord displaying his softer form.
The original temple was destroyed during the Mogul period. The temple was later built by Veera Narasimha from Karnataka using granite. Veera Narasimha belonged to the state of Karnataka. Parikkal Lord Narasimha is said to be the Kula Deivam / Kula Devatga for Madhwas of Karnataka.
- Thai Festival , on the fifth day of which, the idol of Lord Narasimha is taken for a procession on the river Pennai and is kept there all night. On a full moon day, the Lord is taken for a procession on the Kedila River
- Panguni Uthiram
- Every month on Swati Nakshatram - special Thirumanjanam and special procession is carried out inside the temple.
- Special Pujas on every Saturday
- Morning: 6.00 AM - 1.00 PM
- Evening: 4.00 PM - 8.00 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 15-30 days