Palani Murugan Temple is one of the six holy shrines of Murugan called Arupadaiveedu.
The main deity is Lord Muruga known as Dhandayudapani in this temple, as Lord Muruga holds a staff (Dhandam) in his hand. The image is made of an amalgam of nine materials known as Navapaashaanam. The procession Deity is Muthukumaraswami.
Perfrom Puja in Palani Murugan Temple and get the prasadam at your doorsteps: Book online now to perform puja in Palani Murugan Temple - After completing the order send your Name, Gothram, Star and Date you want us to perform the puja.
Book online to perform Puja in Palani Murugan Temple, at Anarghyaa.com and get the Prasadam to your doorstep
Significance of Palani Murugan Temple:
The main Deity Arulmighu Palaniandavar idol is made up of `Navapashanam“ (ie) a combination of 9 poisonous herbals namely Veeram, Pooram, Rasam, Jathilingam, Kandagam, Gauri Pasanam, Vellai Pasanam, Mridharsingh, Silasat mixed in a proportion to give a high medicinal power to cure the diseases and it was designed and made by Bogar - Sidecar / Rishi
Around the Palani Hill is a circumambulatory passage called ‘The Giri Veedi’. It is considered auspicious to circumambulate the hill here, as in Tiruvannamalai. The herbs on the mountain are believed to have miraculous healing properties. Girivalam is especially popular during the Agninakshathiram fortnight in summer.
There is Brahma Theertha on the northern part of Palani. On its bank, Lord Shiva with Mother Parvathi, Lord Vishnu on His Garuda vehicle and Lord Brahma on His Swan vehicle grace the devotees. All three Lords are facing west which has its special significance religiously. It is believed that worshipping them together ensures relief from all kind of sins
Benefits of Performing Puja in Palani Murugan Temple
- Relief from all adversities
- Attain prosperity in family
Festivals of Palani Murugan Temple:
- Panguni Uttram is celebrated for 10 days as the annual Bhramotsavam.
- Agni Nakshathram is celebrated in the month of Chittirai and Vaikaasi.During this time, thousands of pilgrims circumambulate the hill.
- Vaikaasi Visaakam is celebrated for 10 days.
- Skanda sashti is celebrated for 7 days. Soorasamharam is enacted on the last day of this festival
- Kaartikai Deepam is celebrated for 10 days.
- Thai poosam is also celebrated for 10 days
Palani Murugan Temple Timings:
5 AM to 10 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days