Palani Murugan Temple is one of the six holy shrines of Murugan called Arupadaiveedu.
The main deity is Lord Muruga known as Dhandayudapani in this temple, as Lord Muruga holds a staff (Dhandam) in his hand. The image is made of an amalgam of nine materials known as Navapaashaanam. The procession Deity is Muthukumaraswami.
Significance of Palani Murugan Temple:
Around the Palani Hill is a circumambulatory passage called ‘The Giri Veedi’. It is considered auspicious to circumambulate the hill here, as in Tiruvannamalai. The herbs on the mountain are believed to have miraculous healing properties. Girivalam is especially popular during the Agninakshathiram fortnight in summer.
Festivals of Palani Murugan Temple:
- Panguni Uttram is celebrated for 10 days as the annual Bhramotsavam.
- Agni Nakshathram is celebrated in the month of Chittirai and Vaikaasi.During this time, thousands of pilgrims circumambulate the hill.
- Vaikaasi Visaakam is celebrated for 10 days.
- Skanda sashti is celebrated for 7 days. Soorasamharam is enacted on the last day of this festival
- Kaartikai Deepam is celebrated for 10 days.
- Thai poosam is also celebrated for 10 days
Palani Murugan Temple Timings:
5 AM to 10 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days