Koodal Azhagar Temple also known as Koodal Azhagar Perumal is situated in Madurai, Tamil Nadu. The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Koodal is another name for Madurai and Azhaghar means Handsome / Beautiful.
Significance of the Temple:
The temple is one of the 108 Divyadesams - the holy abodes of Vishnu. There is a sannadhi for the Navagras which is unique to this temple.Puja is offered to Perumal - Lord Vishnu for various purposes as:
- To get rid of evil or negative effects.
- Childless couples worship in this place
- Lord Vishnu is believed to grant all the wishes to his devotees who perform certain puja here as per rituals
This temple hails from the earliest Age of Sangam period. Brahmanda Purana vividly describes this kshetra in seven chapters. Sri Koodal Alagar is seated in the Ashtanga vimana flanked by his consorts. The legendary Kings Prithu, Malaydioaja workshipped Sri Koodal Alagar, who bestowed them with prosperity and attainment of moksha at the end.
Temple Festivals and important Events:
- Special puja's and rituals are performed on the Thursdays the special day dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Garuda Seva (Aani month)
- Sayana Seva
- Pavitra Utsava
- Navarathri festival
- Adyayana utsava
- The Birth star Festivals of Alwar and Acharyas
- Gajendra moksham
- Tamil New Year Day
- Celestial Wedding Festival
- Vasantha Utsava
- Morning - 05.30 AM - 12.00 PM
- Evening - 04.00 PM - 09.00 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days