Kanyakumari Bhagavathyamman Temple is situated in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu.This temple is located at the confluence of three seas of India's South Corner.
The temple was constructed before 3000 years by Sage Parasuram and then renovated by one of the kings of Pandya Dynasty. It is believed that Goddess Bhagavathy stood here as a spinster and she killed the demon Banasuran on Vijayadasami, the last day of Navarathiri festival.
She is also worshiped as Shree Bhadrakali by devotees.
Kanyakumari Temple is one of the 51 Shakti Peetam. It is believed that the spine area of Sati’s corpse fell here creating the presence of kundalini sakthi in the region.
- Chitra Pournima Festival: on the Full moon day in May
- Navarathri festival
- Vaisakha festival: 10-day festival in May–June
- Kalabham festival: The idol is smeared in Sandal paste in the last Friday of the month of Aadi, in July–August
Morning – 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Evening – 4:00 PM to 8.00 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days