Munji or Thread Ceremony is one of Shodasha Samskaras (16 Samskaras) as per our Tradition. Upanayanam literally means Upa - ""the act of leading to or near"". he rite of passage symbolizes the leading or drawing towards the self of a child, in a school by the Guru, who initiates the second birth that is of the young mind and spirit.
A boy receives during this ceremony a sacred thread called Yajñopaveetam that he wears. The Yajñopavita ceremony announced that the child had entered into formal education. As per the shastras Upanayanam should be performed at the age of 8.
The main rituals performed during Upanayanam are Brahmopadesam and Yagnopavidam. The ceremony is conducted as per their corresponding family Vedas namely Yajur, Rig, Athatrvana or Sama and the vadhyar of that particular veda will perform the entire ceremony as per that vedic standards and its mantras. Udaka Shanthi and Nandhi is an important part of the Upanayanam Pooja Ritual.
Benefits Of Performing Munji :
- The Boy is now eligible ready to learn all vedas and he is now allowed to perform.
- He is protected from all kinds of evil spirits and negative energies.
- It will give the inner strength and courage
- Vigneshwara pooja
- Annopanita prayaschitam Ankura arpane
- Kumara bhojana
- Upanayana pradhana homa
- Guru pada puja & Brahmopadesha
- Sumuhurtha (jeelkara Belam )
- Savitri, Gayatri and Saraswati Pooja
- Sandhya vandane
- Vedic Patashala certified and experienced purohits
- All rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
- High quality samagri to ensure a pleasant Pooja experience
- Professional Guidance & Support
- This is Customized Homa - Date can be fixed as per one’s Janma nakshatra and the yoga, thithi of that date
- The package includes Homa and Puja samagri for Munji. You have to arrange for fruits, flowers and all puja items like kalasha, puja plates etc that are needed for the ceremony