Ekambareshwarar Temple located in Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu is one of the Pancha Bhoota Sthalam - the temples for five elements and this temple specifically the element of earth or Prithvi.
Book online now to perform puja in Ekambareshwarar Temple. After completing the order send your Name, Gothram, Star and Date you want us to perform the puja.
We will perform pujai on your behalf by taking sankalpam in your name and send you the prasadam. Book online to perform Puja in Ekambareshwarar Temple at Anarghyaa.com and get the Prasadam to your doorstep
Significance of Ekambareshwarar Temple:
This temple is one of the most ancient in India having been in existence since at least 600 AD. Second century AD Tamil poetry speaks of Kama kottam, and the Kumara kottam (currently the Kamakashi Amman temple and the Subramanya temple). There is no separate shrine for Goddess Paravathi here.
There is shrine of Shiva and Kamakshi under the Stala Vruksham or the Temple tree, which is a mango tree said to be 3500 years old. The mango tree is said to be the embodiment of the four Vedas and the tree is said to bear fruits of four different tastes each season here.
Navagrahas of this Temple is very popular and believed to be very powerful
Ekambareshwarar Temple Festival:
- Six worship services are offered each day in this temple - namely UshadKalam, Kaalasanthi, Uchi Kaalam, Pradosham and Sayarakshai and Ardhajamam.
- Ani Tirumanjanam (June-July)
- Adi Kritikai (July-Aug)
- Avani Moolam (Aug - Sep)
- Navaratri (Sep-October)
- Kartikai Deepam (Nov-Dec)
- Thai Poosam (Jan-Feb)
- Panguni Uthiram (Mar-Apr) - The Panguni festival lasts for 13 days and it is during this festival that the wedding of the presiding deity is celebrated
- Chitra Pournami (Apr-May)
- Vaikashi Vishakam (May-June)
Ekambareshwarar Temple Architecture:
The temple covers an area of over 40 acres. The Raja Gopuram or the entrance tower to the temple which rises to a height of 172 feet was built by the Vijayanagar Monarch Krishnadevaraya. The pillared hall in front of the sanctum was also built by the Vijayanagar Kings. One notable feature of the temple is the Aayiram Kaal Mandapam, or the ""hallway with a thousand pillars"", which was built by the Vijayanagar Kings. The temple's inner walls are decorated with an array of 1,008 Siva lingams.
6.30 AM to 12.30 PM and 4 PM to 8.30 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days