Dodda Ganapathi Temple is situated on the boulder hill where the bull temple sits on the boundaries of Bugle Rock Park at Bull Temple Road in Basavanagudi, Bangalore. The temple is widely known for its huge monolith of Lord Ganesha which is about 18 feet high and 16 feet wide. The name Dodda means Big in Kannada- because of the huge size of Ganesha idol in the temple.
Also popularly known as Shakthi Ganapathi and Satya Ganapthi.
Significance of Dodda Ganapathi Temple
The statue here at the temple is said to have grown to its present size on its own. History says Bangalore’s founder Kempegowda was on strolling one day found a number of rocks and one of the boulders had a shape of Ganesha engraved on them. Kempegowda, therefore ordered his sculptors to convert the shape into a massive as well as fantastic single stone idol of Lord Ganesha.
The butter coat decoration involves around 100 kg butter smeared on the idol is the most popular one.
Morning: 6 AM to 12.00 PM
Evening: 5.30 PM to 9.00 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days
- Prasadam will not have any kind of food items
- Prasadam normally consists of Kumkum or Vibuthi or Turmeric or Sandal Paste or Akshatha