Chidambaram Temple also known as Thillai Nataraja Temple is one of the Pancha Bhoota Sthalam - the temples for five elements and this temple specifically is the intangible fifth element - akasha (ether or space).
In this temple is where Natarajar is enshrined in the Chith Sabha or the Hall of Consciousness, in the Ananda Tandavam (Dance of Bliss) pose.
The Chitsabha houses a small sphatika(crystal) linga (Chandramoulisvara), believed to be a piece that fell from the crescent adorning Lord Shiva's head and installed by Adi Shankaracharaya.
Puja in Chidambaram Temple is ideal for:
- People who want to gain mental peace
- People who have health problems
- People seeking for prosperity
Book online now to perform puja in Chidambaram Nataraja Temple - After completing the order send your Name, Gothram, Star and Date you want us to perform the puja.
We will perform pujai on your behalf by taking sankalpam in your name and send you the prasadam. Book online to perform Puja in Chidambaram Temple at Anarghyaa.com and get the Prasadam to your doorstep
Significance of Chidambaram Temple:
Chidambaram is one of the 5 dance Halls of Shiva (Kanakasabhai).The five dance halls are Chidambaram, Madurai, Tiruvalankadu, Tirunelveli and Kutralam.
The temple is home to Chidambara Rahasyam, concept of nothingness (aroopam). Chith + Ambaram = Chidambaram; Chith means wisdom. Ambaram means broad open space not measurable.“We have nothing with us” is the lesson from this philosophy. There is small entrance near Lord Sabanayaka in the Chith Saba. The screen is removed and an arati is offered. There is nothing in a form inside, but there hangs a golden Vilwa garland without a Murthi. The secret is that Lord is here as Akasha which has no beginning or an end. This can be understood only by experience.
Shiva is said to have revealed a vision of his cosmic dance to Patanjali, Vyagrapadar and to all Devashere. In terms of its antiquity, richness in terms of worship & festival traditions, in architectural & sculptural splendour, in its association with music & dance, Chidambaram is a center second to none in truly representing the rich Indian cultural heritage.
Sri Chakra installed by Acharya Adi Sankara is in the Ambal shrine. The Arthajama puja in the temple has its own significance when, it is believed that all other Gods assemble here for worship
Chidambaram Temple Architecture:
The temple is spread across 52 acres. Towering gopurams with thousands of figurines, mandapams with sculptured pillars, lend special interest to this vast temple complex. Govindaraja Perumal Temple is a Vaishnava Divya Desam within this complex There are several other features of interest in Chidambaram
Chidambaram Temple Festivals:
- A whole range of worship services are offered to Natarajar and to Tirumoolattaanar here on a daily basis.
- 10 day Margazhi festival in December-January begins on the day prior to Tiruvadhirai star day with flag hoisting.
- 10 day Aani Tirumanjanam begins with flag hoisting 10 days earlier of Uthira star day.
- On holy days as Tiruvadhirai star day in Chithirai (April-May) and new moon days, Lord Natarajamurthi grants darshan on the banks of Shiva Ganga theertham and in the following Tamil months too on this star day.
- Night festivals are celebrated in the temple in all months-Chithirai to Panguni (April-May to March-April) on the first day of the month
- Karthikai star days
- Amavasya and Pournami days
- Fridays and Pradosha days
- Morning : 6 AM to 12.30 PM
- Evening: 4.30 PM to 10 PM
- The Price of the Puja includes service charges, prasad, packing and courier cost and any other incidental charges
- We are not agent of any temple, our representative will perform the puja on your behalf and collect the prasadam.
- You will receive the prasadam within 30 days
- Prasadam will not have any kind of food items
- Prasadam normally consists of Kumkum or Vibuthi or Turmeric or Sandal Paste or Akshatha