Aksharabhyasa also known as Vidyarambham is a religious function in which the baby is given initiation for education. Aksharabhyasa is one of the 16 samskaras to be performed, in which the baby when attains age above two years is initiated to write the first letter with the blessings for mata saraswati and lord ganesh and start their schooling life. By doing this ceremony as per shastras the child is ready to receive formal school education with the blessings of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati.
This ceremony is one of the Shodasha Samskaras (16 Samkaras) which every hindu has to undergo. The meaning of Akshara is alphabets in Sanskrit. Abhyasa means to practice. Aksharabhyasa aims at giving the initial practice of writing letters to the child.
Book online for Kannada Purohit to perform Aksharabhyasa at your home or place of your choice. All the Pooja Samagri will be brought by our Purohit, who are all well experienced and studied from Vedic Pathshala
Benefits Of Aksharabhyasa:
- Performing Aksharabhyasa helps child to get the blessings from Lord Ganesha, Lord Hayagriva and Goddess Saraswati
- It helps the baby to grow healthy and strong.
- Aksharabyasam is giving initiation for his or her education. After finishing this the child is ready to receive formal education
When to perfrom Aksharabhyasa:
- This ceremony is generally performed when the baby turns two or two and half years old to four years old. The auspicious days cab be decided by our Pandits using the child's birth star.
- Performing Aksharabhyasa on Vijaya Dashami, Sravana Pournami, Akshaya Tritiya, Ekadashi, Rathasapthami, Ugadi, Gudi Pudwa, will be more effective
Procedure involved in Aksharabhyasa:
Kannada Purohit / Kannada Vedic Purohit will arrive at your home to perform or place of your choice to perform Aksharabhyasa ceremony along with Saraswati homa and Hayagriva Homa. The process is as follows:
- Ganapathi Pooja
- Punyaha Vachana
- Maha Sankalpam
- Saraswati Puja
- Saraswati Homa
- Hayagriva Homa
- Prasad Distribution