Kumbhabhishekam is the process of homogenizing, synergizing and uniting the cosmic divine powers of the deity / Vigraham of the Lord or Goddess and the temple. Kumbhabhishekam is also called as Samprokshanam.
Kumbha means Shikara or The crown of the temple and Abhishekam or Prokshanam is Sanctification with spiritually charged water. This process is performed for new temple and shrines or re-consecrate for existing shrines after a renovation Also as per Shastras Kumbhabhishekam has to be performed for temples for every twelve years, as this will be process of charging the power to the temple and the deity.
The process of Kumbhabhishekam involves several days of rituals before the final day of Kumbhabhishekam. Kumbhabhishekam is performed which are divided into three categories- Saiva, Vaishnava and Sakta. Saiva temples(Siva worshippers) use the Saiva Aagamaa to perform this consecration and Vaishnava temples (Vishnu worshippers) use the Vaishnava Aagamaas. Devi (Goddess) worshippers use the Shakta Aagamas in Devi temples to invoke the image or symbol in the female form.
A Yagnasala is built by the side of the main temple. Apart from the pedestal for the main kalasha at the center of the yagna shala, five homa kundas are generally prepared for the main deity, besides individual homa kundas for the other deities. These five homakundas are intended for the five forms of fire- Sabhya, Aahavaniya, Anvaharya, Garhapatya and Avasathya. The main kunda is sanctified by the performance of the various homas.
Procedure of Kumbhabhishekam:
Tamil Vadhyar / Tamil Vedic Priest will arrive at your place for Kumbhabhishekam. The process involves some of the following ritual:
- Vigneshwara Pooja
- Punyaha Vachanam
- Maha Sankalpa
- Kalasha Pooja
- Navagraha Pooja
- Vastu Pooja
- Udharana or Punaruddharana or Jeernodharana Ritual
- Kumbhabhishekam Homam
- Maha Mangalarthi
- Prasada Viniyoga
No of Tamil Vadhyar / Tamil Vedic Priest: 4
- Vedic Patashala certified and experienced purohits
- All rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
- High quality samagri to ensure a pleasant Pooja experience
- Professional Guidance & Support
- This is Customized Homa and puja- Date can be fixed as per one’s Janma nakshatra and the yoga, thithi of that date.
- You have to arrange for fruits, flowers, prasadam and all puja items like kalasha, puja plates etc that are needed for the pooja