Tharpanam - “That offering which satisfies”. Tharpanam is the offering of water mixed with Black Thil / Ellu to the dead ancestors
Book online for Tamil Vadhyar / Tamil Vedic Priest to come to your home and help you perform Tharpanam for every Amavasya
Significance of Tharpanam
Tharpanam which is carried out on the day of Amavasya is known as Amavasya tharpanam. According to Shastras one needs to pay many spiritual debts everyday. One such debt is what we have to pay to our ancestors. Pitru tharpanam done on the day of Amavasya is one such way to pay this debt. This worship procedure does not take much time and can be done within ten minutes or so.Tharpanam is as important as any other worship procedure as it satisfied our pirtus, and one get blessings from them.
Though we have several ancestors, this offering is addressed to three generations of father, grand father and great grand father along with their wives in our family and maternal grand father, his father and grand father along with their wives in our mothers birth family. Only those whose father is dead are eligible to do Tharpanam. If maternal grand father is alive Tharpanam should not be done for his family but restricted to our family.
There are several type of tharpanams: -
1.Gunda tharpanam- the tharpanam which is done in the first ten days of death.
2.Brahma yagna tharpanam-This is the oblation supposed to be done daily to the devas, rishis and pithrus.
3.Parheni tharpanam- this is the tharpanam which is supposed to be done on the next day after annual sraddha .
4 The regular tharpanam which is supposed to be done on all amavasyas.
According to Shastra, Benefits for offering Amavasya Tarpanam to your ancestors are
- Attain the blessings of Lord Yama
- Protects from ill fate and removes obstacles
- Departed souls get satisfaction and relief
- Children are blessed with long lives and superior intellect
- Vedic Patashala certified and experienced purohits
- All rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
- High quality samagri to ensure a pleasant Pooja experience
- Professional Guidance & Support
- This is Customized Puja - Date can be fixed as per one’s Janma nakshatra and the yoga, thithi of that date.
- The package includes Puja samagri for New Office Opening Pooja. You have to arrange for prasadam and all puja items like flowers, fruits, kalasha, puja plates etc | New Office Opening Puja